Dear Shari and Toby,
DATES FOR THE EVENTS OF THE 69 WEEKS OF DANIEL
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. A. Einstein
The following events and associated prophecies represent the clearest path for tying together of history and prophecy. The prophecies of Daniel foretell of a Messiah to come 483 years after the command is given for Jerusalem to be rebuilt. The (go to section 11 of link) dates of the command, number of days in a year and Jesus’ birth date have been items of controversy for many years. There are many different opinions on these events and interpretations and I hope I provide, by reference, the rebuttal to the most significant ones as we proceed. Some of the references which confuse the sequence of events are addressed here:
1. The command to rebuild Jerusalem, referred to in Daniel, has been assumed to come from a king. Cyrus, in 560 BC gave freedom to the Jews and commanded the Temple be rebuilt. It took 46 years to rebuild the temple but did not rebuild Jerusalem. People were still dominated by locals and living outside the broken-down walls at the time of Nehemiah. (456 BC)
2. The commands by Artaxerxes in 457/456 BC to Ezra and Nehemiah to provide financial support for the temple, appoint Nehemiah governor and support Nehemiah did not directly address rebuilding Jerusalem.
The following three points describe how Daniel’s prophecy was fulfilled.
1. Nissan, 456/455 B.C.E.-- Nehemiah describes and dates the command (Nehemiah’s command) for restoration on of Jerusalem. Nehemiah’s command was concerned not only with the rebuilding of Jerusalem but also rebuilding the pride and spirit of its people. Both were accomplished in less than two months. This is explained as follows: (go to section 11 of link) The Sabbath and Jubilee Cycle, Chapter XI The Sabbath year of 456/455 B.C.E; PAGE 159 by Qadesh La Yahweh Press ISBN 0-9623638-8-X . Nehemiah dates his permission and resources from Artaxerxes as the 20th year of the King’s rule. Artaxerxes ruled with his father from 476 BC until his father’s death. This method of dating is backed up by Josephus dating Nehemiah leaving Persia in the 25th year of Artaxerxes. He counted the 5 years when Xerxes was at war and left his son in charge. Both accounts point to Nehemiah approaching Artaxerxes in 456 BC.
Nehemiah obtained permission and resources from Artaxerxes to be governor of Judea and rebuild Jerusalem Nisan 456 BC. He assembled the resources and traveled to Jerusalem. Nehemiah arrived 456 BC in the month of AV (5th month), completed the wall on the 25th of Elul (6th month) and notes Ezra upholding the Sabbath year reading of the Torah on the 7th month. The following year was a jubilee year-455/454 BC. 69 weeks X 7 years = 483 years subtract 456 years BC = 27 years after 0. However, there is no 0 year. To get the correct date AD we must add 1 bringing us to 28 AD for the year of the coming of the Messiah.
2. September 11, 3 B.C.E – Christ born --- The birth date of Christ has been debated for centuries. The following research answers this question in many ways. Birth of Christ Recalculated Jesus would be 30 in Tishri 28AD
28/29 A.D.(483 years after the “Command”) Christ’s entry to the ministry
or first “coming of the Messiah”. Christ is quoting from Isaiah 61:1
Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord. And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
Christ did not continue the second verse in Isaiah 61. He stopped before he was to proclaim the day of vengeance of our God. This is to be done in the 70th week. This will be the last seven years before Christ the “Most Holy” is anointed ruler of the world. Note that his first coming, not birth, is in a Sabbath Year. After this year he will die.
14 Nisan 30 AD
Jesus read from Isaiah in Nazareth early in the beginning of his ministry, which commenced soon after he turned 30 (Lk3:23). Thanks to the astronomical evidence for what the Star of Bethlehem was and when it appeared we can be pretty certain that Jesus was born on September 11th, 3 BCE which appears to be the Feast of Trumpets. This would make him turn 30 in Fall, 28 CE, and “about 30 years old” in early 29 CE.
If Jesus was baptized, fasted for 40 days, and made it to Nazareth within six months of his birthday, then his announcement of a special “year of favor” would have been during the Biblical year of 28/29 CE (Spring, 28 – Spring, 29 since Biblical years begin in spring, not the dead of winter). If Jesus proclaimed a Sabbath year to fulfill Isaiah 61 at the end of the 69th Week, then we can reasonably expect him to fulfill that prophecy fully in another Sabbath year at the end of the 70th Week.
455/454 BC – Jubilee year
28/29AD –>(-456 + 7 * 69 + 1 for no year zero). = 69 Sabbaths or weeks from 456 BC to 28 AD
70/71 AD – Israel “cut off” by the Romans (a Sabbath year)
Prophecy Time Line for 70Th week and after
1. Due to the differences in calendars, only the calculated calendars can be compared to each other for dates and days of the week. The Biblical calendar has no clear record for dates and days of the week. Years are tied down by references to the year of a king’s reign and other recorded data. The relationship between the Biblical calendar and calculated calendars cannot always be established to the date and day of the week. From the biblical records it is clear the Messiah would come 483 years after Nehemiah’s command to rebuild Jerusalem which occurred in 456 BC. Christ started his ministry in 28 AD, a Sabbath year. He fulfilled all of the prophecies of the Messiah on schedule except those to be accomplished in the 70th week.
2. Please note below there is a reference quoting Jesus being here for the Israelites only (9). This occurs again when he heals the gentile woman’s daughter (15). Jesus does not provide ministry to the Gentiles until he sends Peter. This was after his ascension, Pentecost and thousands of Jews started following Christ. This would place the start of Peter’s ministry around late 30AD. Since the Jews had rejected Jesus, from that point forward until today Jesus’ ministry was mainly to the Gentiles. Note that when Jesus was at the well with the Samaritan woman he stayed two days with the Gentiles. This leads to a theory of when Christ will come again.
3. See below. If Jesus was crucified on Friday this would exclude Thursday night and Jesus arose on the first day of the week. This does not provide three nights in the ground for Jesus.
1. John was born second month in 3 BC. John the Baptist started his ministry in 15th year of the reign of Tiberius. Tiberius shared a 2-year co-regency with Augustus beginning in A.D. 12, the first official year of his rule began in A.D. 14 with Augustus’ death. John could have started his ministry in 27 AD or 29AD. John the baptist turned 30 around month 2 or Lyar in 28 AD. If he started his ministry late in 27 he would have had a little over one year for his ministry before being beheaded. He was nearing the end of his ministry when he baptized Jesus.
2. Christ was born seventh month in 3BC in Bethlehem, recognized by Simeon and Anna in Jerusalem, knowledgeable of the scriptures by twelve years of age.
3. John prepared the way for Jesus 27/28 AD
9. Turned water into wine. First miracle, in Cana of Galilee, went to Capernaum (sermon on the mount, healed the leper, centurion’s servant, peter’s mother-in-law, calmed the storm, exorcised devils, man with palsy, woman with blood disease, dead girl, blind men, dumb man, gave power for disciples to heal and preach to Israelites only ( also Mat 15:24) not the Gentiles- Peter was later sent to the Gentiles AD 30, declares John is Elijah, man with withered hand, blind and dumb man, spoke to a multitude from a boat, filled the nets with fish) then to Jerusalem
10. Attended the Passover feast 29AD, went to Judea then Sychar, Samaria.
12. Sent the apostles out in pairs with ability to heal. Sent 70 out in two’s they return with joy, the Lord’s prayer
13. John beheaded
16. States God is a spirit and we must worship in spirit and in truth.
17. Jesus went to Cana, Galilee healed the nobleman’s son from a distance.
18. Went to Jerusalem to feast. healed lame man on Sabbath.
19. Went to Sea of Galilee which is of Tiberius and fed the 5,000 (Mat 14:17) and walked on water, saved Peter from drowning (Mat14:25) to Gennesaret, Tyre and Sidon, healed Gentile woman’s daughter, healed deaf and dumb man, fed the 4000,went to Dalmanutha, went to Bethsaida, healed blind man, Caesarea, Philippi, told disciples of his death soon, went to Magdala by ship, transfiguration, healed lunatic, went to Capernaum, coast of Judea, Wedding Vows, rich man wanting to be saved,
20. Sent the apostles to the feast in Judea without him and later came in secret.
21. A woman caught in adultery was not stoned. Left and went to the mount of olives and back to the temple. came to Jericho, healed the blind man, Bethphage, Bethany
22. Before Abraham, I am - Adam, Enoch, Melchizedek, Joshua, Ezekiel, Zend, Joseph, Jeshua, - Then healed the blind man and went to Jordan.
23. Resurrected Lazarus at Bethany, Judea
25. Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Mat 16:2 “When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. 16:3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather today: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times? 16:4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas.
14 Nisan 30 AD Wednesday night (see note 1 above) - Had the last supper, washes feet, betrayed by Judas, went to the garden past the brook Cedron, was arrested.
Thursday morning – Date and time of Jesus’ trial Also Mark 15:25 given as day of Passover supper about 9am to3pm
taken to Annas, Caiaphas, Pilate, Herod, Golgotha, buried by Joseph of Arimathaea and Nicodemus, crucified about 3pm. Dark from noon til 3pm, And buried before dark.= Day 1
NIGHT 1 - Thursday night – Passover 15 Nisan 30 AD - in grave – Friday for Hebrews
DAY 2 - Friday - in grave
NIGHT 2 - Friday night - in grave - Sabbath
DAY 3 - Saturday - in grave
NIGHT 3 – Saturday night – arose – first day of the week for Hebrews 17 Nisan 30 AD
The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulcher, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
26. Sunday 17 Nisan 30 AD Jesus appeared to Mary V19 – Appeared on the walk to Emmanus, appeared to the disciples V26 – again appeared to disciples 8 days later Monday 25 Nisan 30 AD Mat 28 has a different account of Jesus appearing, signs of being saved
27. Jesus fills the disciples net with fish at the sea of Tiberias.
28. After forty days, month 2, 27 Lyar 30 AD ascended into a cloud. Disciples told to wait for baptism with the Holy Ghost. This occurred on Pentecost (Shavuot) 50 days after Jesus’ resurrection 8 Sivan 30 AD. 9 am
DATES FOR EVENTS IN THE 69 WEEKS OF DANIEL.HTM