Dear Shari and Toby,
DATES of THE 70th WEEK
In Daniel 9:24
it is prophesied that 70 weeks it will take to:
- Finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins,
- Make reconciliation for iniquity,
- Bring in everlasting righteousness,
- Seal up the vision and
- Anoint the Most Holy.
Christ came at the appointed time (69 weeks of years, 483 years after the decree by Nehemiah to rebuild Jerusalem), represented by Jesus, to fulfill the prophecies of Isaiah. Followed by the SECOND COMING. The last part of the Messiah’s work (establishing Israel as the premier nation of the world ruled by Christ) was to be accomplished in the 70th week or the last seven years of man’s rule of the world. Christ is then to rule the world for 1000 years. I have always felt we would not be given such a wealth of explicit description of what is going to happen and not tell us when it is going to happen. Why would the date the God of Abraham will return in the 70th week (See Hosea 5&6 for his leaving and requirement to return) not be given?
I was reading Hosea, the end of chapter 5 and the beginning of chapter 6 when the following explanation seemed very clear. In the prophecy of Hosea (6:2 ) “After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight” a discourse is provided on the future of Israel. He says that Israel will be smitten/cut and bound up. In two days (to God a day is as a thousand years) he will revive Israel and they will live in His site for a day (1000 years). Jerusalem was smitten or last cut off in AD 70 when the Romans destroyed the temple. 2000 years + (70 years ) = Tuesday August 5, 2070 Gregorian is the approximate date when God will protect Israel and they will live in his site.
As stated in Daniel, The conquering of the beast and God overthrowing the one world government will occur during the end of the 70th week. The dates for wormwood and the other events in the final seven years of the age of man’s rule can be calculated backward from the end of the 70th week when Christ will ascend the throne to “rule with a rod of iron”.
The following contains two proposed sets of dates for the 70th week of Daniel.
1. Based on the assumption that when Israel is revived in 2070 God is protecting them in the wilderness for 3 ½ years. After that point God will turn the world over to Christ to rule from Israel. This places Israel’s revival approximately in the Middle of the Sabbath week 2066-2072. I think the key to this is the “Woman” in Jordan. Near the middle of the 70th week the remnant of Israel is transported to a safe place and protected by God. They live in his sight and protection. Jesus started his ministry in a Sabbath year in the 69th week. The last event in the 70th week is to “anoint the Most Holy” or Christ to ascend the throne of the world. Due to each week being a Sabbath cycle, the end of the 70th week must be a Sabbath year. The seven year period from 2065-2072 meets these requirements and contains the date of God reviving the Hebrew Nation and their living in his sight. At the end of the week, God presents the throne to Christ,to rule the world. This is Christ’s second coming or the continuation of the prophecies. Realizing that Christ will ascend the throne in a Sabbath year and the date of God reviving the Hebrew Nation in the middle of the 70th week allows us to determine approximate dates for events in the 70th week.
8:13 –sanctuary and hosts trodden under foot, 2300 days till cleansed (2300
days = 6.3 yr) – if this occurs in 2033 why does God wait 24 years for them
to live in his site. God is not going to rule over the Israelis, Christ will.
From another direction, Edgar Cayce predicted the second coming of Christ along with many Earth changes. (Pdf)
As to the changes physical again: The earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye. Land will appear off the east coast of America. There will be the upheavals in the Arctic and in the Antarctic that will make for the eruption of volcanos in the torrid areas, and there will be shifting then of the poles – so that where there has been those of a frigid or the semi‐tropical will become the more tropical, and moss and fern will grow. And these will begin in those periods in '58 to '98, when these will be proclaimed as the periods when His light will be seen again in the clouds...
It is my opinion that is 2058 to 2098.
FROM SETH SPEAKS on the coming of Christ.
“By that time, all religions will be in severe crisis. He will undermine religious organizations - not unite them. (Note that this is what Jesus did too!) His message will be that of the individual in relation to All That Is. He will clearly state methods by which each individual can attain a state of intimate contact with his own entity; the entity to some extent being man's mediator with All That Is.
By 2075, all of this will be already accomplished. The birth will occur by the time given. The other changes will occur generally over the period of a century, but the results will show far before that time.
Because of the plastic nature of the future, in your terms, the date cannot be considered final. All probabilities point in its direction, however, for the inner impetus is already forming the events. “
2. Tim McHyde and Michael Rood each recognized the story of Christ’s encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well and staying with the gentile Samaritans for 2 days as prophecy. If we look at the parables, sayings of Jesus and stories about Jesus almost all were about prophecy in one way or another. They were concerned with what God’s Kingdom would be like, who would be in the Kingdom, signs for the coming of the Kingdom or what would keep you out of the Kingdom. The assumption that Christ will work with and be accepted by the Gentiles for (2 days = 2000 years in prophecy) 2000 years and then return to the Jews is a reasonable assumption.
Jesus said not to go to the Gentiles, he was here for the Israelites only. This occurs again when he heals the gentile woman’s daughter. Jesus does not provide ministry to the Gentiles until he sends Peter.This was after his ascension, Pentecost and thousands of Jews started following Christ and then were persecuted by other Jews. This would place the start of Peter’s ministry to the Gentiles around 30AD. Since the Jews had rejected Jesus, from that point forward until today Jesus’ ministry was mainly to the Gentiles. This would indicate Christ’s return at the end of the Sabbath week 2023-2030. This means it will take 40 years for Israel to be revived and live in His sight. This is very possible considering the effects of nuclear weapons.
These two sets of dates seem contradictory but could be supplementary. In set #1 above it is assumed that when the God of Abraham (Elohim) returns it is to raise the nation of Israel and have them live in his sight. This is in the middle of the 70th week (2068). However no scripture excludes Christ from returning previously. Christ may return by 2030 to help guide us toward God’s Kingdom (ascension and a loving world). The world is handed over to him at the end of the 70TH week. This could place Christ’s return at the earlier #2 date. It may be only three years (from 2020) remaining till we start experiencing the natural disasters leading to the 70th week. The 70th week does not start with the disasters. It starts with the rise to power of the one world government. Another direction this may take could be that Christ returns and many respond but natural disasters leave the world in a shambles. A world government is developed as described in Revelations. As described in the last major battle, the aliens (which the changed people had been calling since Christ’s return in 2030) step in and defeat the one world government.
There is no absolute answer. “No man knows the day or the hour”. But, we do know it all circulates about these two dates.
DATES FOR THE 70TH WEEK.HTM