Dear Shari and Toby,
DATE of THE 70th WEEK
Daniel 9:24 it is prophesied that 70 weeks it will take to:
- Finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins,
- Make reconciliation for iniquity,
- Bring in everlasting righteousness,
- Seal up the
vision and prophecy,
- Anoint the Most Holy.
Christ came at the appointed time (69 weeks of years, 483 years after the decree by Nehemiah to rebuild Jerusalem) to fulfill the prophecies of Isaiah. The last part of the Messiah’s work (establishing Israel as the premier nation of the world ruled by Him) was to be accomplished in the 70th week or the last seven years of man’s rule of the world. Christ is then to rule the world for 1000 years. I have always felt we would not be given such a wealth of explicit description of what is going to happen and not tell us when it is going to happen. Why would the date the God of Abraham will return in the 70th week (See Hosea 5&6 for his leaving and requirement to return) not be given?
I was reading Hosea, the end of chapter 5 and the beginning of chapter 6 when the following explanation seemed very clear. In the prophecy of Hosea (6:2 ) “After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight” a discourse is provided on the future of Israel. He says that Israel will be smitten/cut and bound up. In two days (to God a day is as a thousand years) he will revive Israel and they will live in His site for a day (1000 years). Jerusalem was smitten or last cut off in AD 70 when the Romans destroyed the temple. 2000 years + (70 years ) = Tuesday August 5, 2070 Gregorian is the approximate date when God will protect Israel and they will live in his site.
As stated in Daniel, The conquering of the beast and God overthrowing the one world government will occur during the end of the 70th week. The dates for wormwood and the other events in the final seven years of the age of man’s rule can be calculated backward from the end of the 70th week when Christ will ascend the throne to “rule with a rod of iron”.
The following contains two proposed sets of dates for the 70th week of Daniel.
1. Based on the assumption that when Israel is revived in 2070 God is protecting them in the wilderness for 3 ½ years. After that point God will turn the world over to Christ to rule from Israel. This places Israel’s revival approximately in the Middle of the Sabbath week 2066-2072. I think the key to this is the “Woman” in Jordan. Near the middle of the 70th week the remnant of Israel is transported to a safe place and protected by God. They live in his sight and protection. Jesus started his ministry in a Sabbath year in the 69th week. The last event in the 70th week is to “anoint the Most Holy” or Christ to ascend the throne of the world. Due to each week being a Sabbath cycle, the end of the 70th week must be a Sabbath year. The seven year period from 2066-2072 meets these requirements and contains the date of God reviving the Hebrew Nation and their living in his sight. At the end of the week, God presents the throne to Christ,to rule the world. This is Christ’s second coming or the continuation of the prophecies. Realizing that Christ will ascend the throne in a Sabbath year and the date of God reviving the Hebrew Nation in the middle of the 70th week allows us to determine approximate dates for events in the 70th week.
2. Tim McHyde and Michael Rood each recognized the story of Christ’s encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well and staying with the gentile Samaritans for 2 days as prophecy. If we look at the parables, sayings of Jesus and stories about Jesus almost all were about prophecy in one way or another. They were concerned with what God’s Kingdom would be like, who would be in the Kingdom, signs for the coming of the Kingdom or what would keep you out of the Kingdom. The assumption that Christ will work with and be accepted by the Gentiles for (2 days = 2000 years in prophecy) 2000 years and then return to the Jews is a reasonable assumption.
Jesus said not to go to the Gentiles, he was here for the Israelites only. This occurs again when he heals the gentile woman’s daughter. Jesus does not provide ministry to the Gentiles until he sends Peter.This was after his ascension, Pentecost and thousands of Jews started following Christ and then were persecuted by other Jews. This would place the start of Peter’s ministry to the Gentiles around 30AD. Since the Jews had rejected Jesus, from that point forward until today Jesus’ ministry was mainly to the Gentiles. This would indicate Christ’s return at the end of the Sabbath week 2024-2030. This means it will take 40 years for Israel to be revived and live in His sight. This is very possible considering the effects of nuclear weapons.
DATES FOR THE 70TH WEEK.HTM